Friday, May 3, 2013

Emotions


When we are babies we feel everything. If we are hurt we cry, if we are happy we laugh, and if we feel loved we are at peace. As we get older those feelings start to get blocked by all our experiences and what we've gone through in our life.
     As I was growing up I've never seen my parents’ show really any emotion except if they were happy or mad. They always had a weird way of showing sadness. If I was going away they wouldn't cry in front of me, so I never really learned out to express myself through emotions; if that makes any sense. I never really felt pain to where I cried. It wasn't until I got my heart broken. I know right, cliché but really I was always happy when I love I love whole heartily. The first guy I ever opened to hurt me so bad. That was when I knew I never wanted to feel this way again. The hurt in my heart was so painful I was afraid to love again. I used to think that I let people in easily, but as I got older it was harder to let people in. I didn't want to feel hurt again, whether it was a friendship or relationship. 
     It wasn't until I started trusting myself again with people that my walls started to come down. In doing this I met the person that I've missed for a while. This time around though, I have a better head on my shoulders and I know what I want and who I want in my life. People who just waste your time and don’t really care about you shouldn't be in your life period. It’s true what they say, after High School you really find who your true friends are and who you can trust.
     Reading Tuesday with Morrie was inspiring, and it made me really think if I do embrace my emotions fully so I can let it go. I’m learning, and I’m getting inspired. Thanks to Morrie!





No comments:

Post a Comment