Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Adventures of living off the land

Into the Wild


     Have you ever wondered what it was like back then when we didn't have homes to live in, markets to get our food from, or even when there were no cars? It's just you and nature, and you are living off the land. If you had a chance to drop everything you have money, clothes, your own home, and even your car and live off the land in Alaska, would you? The author Jon Krakauer of “Into the Wild” and publisher Anchor Books expresses about the main character, Christopher McCandless an independent adult who thought it would be the best idea to live off the land. Faced with challenged that didn’t stop him from roaming around the mid-west to the western coast, and even making it as close to the Mexican border. The Setting of the book is in different places, but the main place would be the state of Alaska. The time frame of Christopher Candless is with the years 1990-1992.
     One key theme that the author shows is the curiosity and wanting to know what was out there in the world. The main character wanted to learn and explore so many things. I really enjoyed reading this book, it reminds me of myself a little in the sense that I want one day try to live off the land. I want to learn and travel the world. This book impacted my life by showing me that it is never too late to enjoy what is around you and to appreciate all the different people that come in and out of your life and makes an impact in your life as well. I recommend the book to everyone and take a chance and read it. J

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you on this book--it's a great read. People get different things from it, but usually come away with some type of lesson learned. Glady you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete